This week it happened again: The calendar synchronisation between my iPhone and MacBook did not work.
The last time it was sufficient to delete the calendar cache file "
~/Library/Calendars/Calendar Cache", but this time that didn't work. I tried to delete the cache, exported and re-imported the whole calendar archive, deleted all calendars on the iPhone, tried to replace all calendar data on the iPhone via iTunes, etc.
Nothing worked until I found this Apple support thread that led me to this knowledge base article. They suggested to reset the SyncService which I did in combination with deleting some more temporary files.
Here is what I deleted:
~/Library/Calendar/Calendar Sync Changes/
In general I deleted everything that seemed to be connected to the synchronisation service or the calendar in the "
~/Library/Preferences/" and "
~/Library/Caches/" folders. (I think I don't have to mention that it is recommended just to move the files and move them back in case they were necessary. )
Afterwards I resetted the SyncService by executing the following command in Terminal:
Just to be sure I rebooted the machine and then I had to turn on the synchronisation options for contacts and calendars in iTunes. A few tests later I can say: It is working again.
- Fallout 3 Terminal Hacking Mini-Game in HTML5
- Dishonored DLC upcoming